Choctaw Senior Citizens Center
The Senior Center is not open at this time. Members can sign up for meal service, which is curbside only at this time. Meals are by reservation only which can be done by calling the Senior Center at 405-390-8040.
The Senior Citizens Center serves lunch every weekday at 11:30 am. Reservations are required and we request a donation of $2.00. Please call 405-390-8040 to make your reservation no later than noon the day before. View the Senior Center lunch menu here.
The Senior Center offers free transportation to and from the Senior Center as well as to and from Walmart and to limited medical appointments (Mondays).
The Choctaw Senior Citizens Center provides a wealth of information and opportunities for members of our community age 60 and older.
During normal operations, Here are some activities you might find us doing:
- Knitting & crochet groups and instruction - Mondays, 10:30-11:30 am; yarn is available at no cost or you may bring your own; please bring your own crochet hooks or knitting needles; These groups are open to beginners as well as experts, so if you need help with a project or a stitch, join us and get help from an instructor or other group members.
- Free Panera Bread, Mondays, 11:30am-12:00pm
- Every third Tuesday we will host a support group in conjunction with the Alzheimer's Association & Sunbeam Family Services. Join us here at the Senior Center from 12:00-1:00 pm. You can click the link above or the one to the right for the flyer.
- Bingo - Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 am
- Devotionals - Wednesdays - a short sermon is delivered preceded by song and prayer. Bibles are available.
- Dominoes, Board and Card Games weekly - usually Fridays, 9:15-11:15 am; we have a wide assortment of card and board games or you may bring your own favorite game.
- Birthday Celebrations monthly - we celebrate with cake & ice cream, you are welcome to bring a snack to share with everyone, and we all eat and enjoy the occasion.
- Blood Pressure Clinics monthly - 10:30-11:30 am, Home Health staff will check your blood pressure and answer any medically-related questions you may have.
- S.A.L.T. - Seniors and Law Enforcement Together, 9:30-10:30 am; Law enforcement officers visit to educate seniors on current scams and crimes in the area, as well as other topics designed to keep you informed and safe.
- Quante Metoyer Counseling Services - referrals will be given for whatever need you may have for which you cannot find help.
- Site Council Meeting - for Council members and officers only
- Guest Speakers and Seminars with information specifically for seniors
- Holiday Dinners and Parties
- Referral Information
- Lunch daily at 11:30, reservations required
- Coffee and Tea
- Computer access with internet and Wi-Fi